So you think you know everything there is to know about Gene Kelly? Well, let's see if you do.
1) Gene Kelly made his motion picture film debut alongside Judy Garland in which musical?
a) Anchors Aweigh
b) For Me and My Gal
c) Singin' in the Rain
2) In which movie did Gene Kelly perform with a dancing animated mouse?
3) How many Academy Awards did Gene Kelly receive over the course of his career?
4) Which of Gene Kelly's musicals did he co-direct?
a) Take Me Out to the Ball Game
b) Singin' in the Rain
c) An American in Paris
5) What famous musical did Gene Kelly direct but not star in?
a) My Fair Lady
b) Damn Yankees
c) Hello Dolly
6) The ballet sequence in An American in Paris was the longest dance number ever filmed. How long did it last?
a) 5 minutes
b) 17 minutes
c) 28 minutes
7) In which non-musical drama did Gene Kelly portray Natalie Wood's no-good love interest?
a) Inherit the Wind
b) Deep in My Heart
c) Marjorie Morningstar
Gene Kelly pictured (left) in It's Always Fair Weather
This Tribute is not officially endorsed or authorized by Gene Kelly. Unauthorized use of this material is strictly prohibited. © 2001-2011 Destination Hollywood. All rights reserved.
Don Lockwood (
Singin' in the Rain
"Oh, you're going to New York and then some day we'll all hear of you, won't we? Kathy Selden as Juliet, as Lady Macbeth, as King Lear. You'll have to wear a beard for that one of course."